PRESS RELEASE: GOD OF NO LIMITS
FAMILY MINISTRIES (IPHC Congregation in the Heartland (Oklahoma Conference) UPDATE ON BUILDING FIRE OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA:
Monday, April 17, 2023 - The God of No Limits family would like to express their extreme gratitude to friends, family, and the community for the outpouring of love, support and prayers for the church during this difficult time. In the words of Pastor Marty Alvarado, "God's got this" and the faith in Him will endure any obstacles that the enemy has put in front of them!
The No Limits family has shared that First Fidelity Bank has set up a God of No Limits tragedy account so that any donations may be made directly at the bank. The church also has cashapp ($NoLimitsChurch) and accepts payments on their website at https://give.cornerstone.cc/godofnolimits.
The congregation will continue to hold regular services in the church parking lot at 7200 S Walker on Sunday mornings at 10:45am. The feeding program will also continue on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For more information, email: info @nolimitsokc.church.
Find us on Facebook: God of No Limits Family Ministries.
Early Tuesday morning April 18th, Pastor Marty Alvarado received news that no church leader wants to hear. He called me at 5:34 and said, “My church is on fire. I’m a mile away, and I can see the flames from here!”
Arriving on scene, Pastors Marty and Cherie and many of their leaders were faced with devastating news. Their building is a complete loss.
Many of you have asked how you can help. Let me suggest some of the ways you can be a blessing!
- Pray! The church family is facing all the stages of grief that they would if a close family member had died. Also, they need wisdom in every step moving forward.
- Give! Yes, the building was insured. But it was insured for cash value, and the actual replacement cost will take a massive response from fellow believers and the community. In addition, the contents coverage will leave a lot of lost items that must be replaced out of pocket.
If you have access to a shipping container, one is desperately needed. Also many of you have church items laying around that you are not using. These will make a huge difference.
- Share this story! The news networks have run with this story, and many of you have shared the story in your social networks. The more we share, the further the message will go, and the bigger the potential audience for help and donations will be.
- Work! There will be many practical opportunities to put your muscles to work. Contact the Alvarados to see what you, your friends, and congregations can do to help with the work.
- Let them know how much you care! Every visit, text, and phone call reminds this precious church how much of a difference they have made. Keep reaching out
Much love in Christ,