Rev. Tim Lamb Elected Bishop of LifePoint Ministries
BISHOP TALMADGE GARDNER
It was my privilege to serve as the presiding officer for the LifePoint Ministries Quadrennial Conference Session on June 13 and 14, 2014. The two-day Conference was hosted at the Swails Center on the campus of Emmanuel College in Franklin Springs, Georgia.
Excerpts from Bishop Jones State of the Conference Report are as follows:
“The objective of the LifePoint Ministries Center is to provide apostolic leadership who:
1. Assess – Help ministers, churches, and ministries assess their present circumstances, surroundings, and culture so that an effective strategy can be developed to produce fruitfulness in fulfilling our mission
2. Connect – Build bridges among churches, ministers, and ministries that create synergism in all our efforts to fulfill our mission
3. Empower – Ministers, churches, and ministries through relevant instruction, mentoring, and coaching to communicate prophetic vision through the affirmation and impartation of Spiritual Gifts.”
The Conference in session conducted its business in a very efficient manner. The Committee Chairmen did a great job of communicating the changes to their Reports to those of us in attendance. A total number of 159 delegates participated in the Business decisions over the course of the two-day event.
The Conference Elected The Following Persons To Serve As Members Of Their Executive Council:
- Rev. Tim Lamb, Conference Superintendent
- Rev. Rick Womack, Assistant Conference Superintendent
- Rev. Brian Williams, Secretary/Treasurer
- Rev. Jeff Thomas, Member at Large
- Rev. Trey Jones, Member at Large
- Rev. Phil Smitherman, Member at Large
- Rev. David Hammond, Member at Large
A major focus of the Saturday morning session was the recognition of LifePoint Ministries World Mission’s involvement/support and celebration of its 2014 Global Outreach Offering. The program was directed by Conference Missions Director, Rev. Rick Womack, who did an outstanding job. The Conference in Session also memorialized the life and service of Rev. Willis C. Fortson.
As a conclusion to the two-day Conference, we celebrated an Installation Service for the members of the newly elected Conference Executive Council in addition to celebrating the Ordinance of Holy Communion together as a final benediction.
Clergy Credentials Were Issued As Follows:
Certificate of Ordination 
- Rev. Lara Gaines
- Rev. Denise Gedda
- Rev. Mike Palma
Minister’s License 
- Rev. Christina Birchfield
- Rev. Jeff Moss
- Rev. Richard Robertson
- Rev. Eddie Martin
- Rev. Erica Radford
- Rev. Bill Goodson
Local Church Minister’s Certificate (3)
- Rev. Kenneth Edge
- Rev. Brian Gerald
- Rev. LuCretia Gerald
Bill and Karen Jones have served the IPHC faithfully for many years. Bill is an outstanding preacher with a powerful prophetic anointing. Bill has always been very kind to me personally and professionally. I have always admired him – none more so than now! Bill and Karen handled the transference of his leadership mantle of LifePoint Ministries with grace, Christian character and dignity. Bill, thank you for your service to the IPHC as a Council of Bishop’s Member!
I, along with my Council of Bishop’s colleagues, welcome Bishop Tim Lamb as a COB Member. Tim, may God’s favor and anointing empower you as never before.