June 30th, 2014
SCRIPTURE: Joshua 1:1 & 2
The Lord spoke unto Joshua: “Moses my servant is dead; now get up, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, unto the land which I give to them, even to the children of Israel.”
INTERPRETATION: About the time we get comfortable and secure where we are, God often calls us to ‘the other side’ (or to go somewhere else). And He gives us instructions.
Joshua 1:7 Be strong and of good courage that you may observe to do according to all the law…turn not from right hand or to the left, that you may prosper.
- Come unto Me all you who are weak and weary. (Matthew 11:28)
- If you love Me, you will obey Me. (John 14:23)
- Narrow is the way. (Matthew 7:14)
- He (God) will meet all your needs. (Philippians 4:19)
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it; for then you shall make your way prosperous and have good success.
- His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (II Peter 1:3 -8)
Pray for strength and courage.
Pray for a love of God’s Word.
Pray for the ability to observe and grow in God’s instructions and be successful.
Pray for all things and expect results – Prefacing what we do and say with prayer puts the results in God’s hands.
Jerry L. Jones
Chaplain (COL) USA Retired
Director/Endorser Chaplain Ministries