Directive #37-September 22, 2014
SCRIPTURE: II Kings 4:38 – 41
Then Elisha said, “Get some meal.” He threw it into the pot and said, “Serve it for the people to eat.” And there was nothing bad in the pot.
INTERPRETATION: Jesus is the Bread of Life Who comes in and fixes our hearts of unknown and known sin and false doctrines.
- Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
- Hebrews 5:14 “But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”
- II Peter 1:3 – 11 “Because if you do these things, you will never stumble.”
- II Timothy 2:20 & 21 “Purge yourself.”
- I Timothy 4:15 & 16 “Take heed to yourself and the doctrine.”
- I Timothy 4: 1 – 3 “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines…”
- Ephesians 4: 14 “Be no longer children…carried about by every wind of doctrine…”
- Matthew 6:11 “Give us this day our daily bread.”
- Mark 14:22 “Take and eat, this is My body.”
- John 6:35 “And Jesus said to them, “I am the Bread of life.””
Pray for discernment of those things which we harbor in our hearts which are sinful.
Pray for awareness of doctrines and teachings which are contrary to the Bible/God’s word.
Pray for the desire to have more knowledge of Christ.
Pray for the ability to live such a life that Jesus is manifested as the ‘bread of life’ in our lives to others.
Pray for all things and expect results – Prefacing what we do and say with prayer puts the results in God’s hands.
Jerry L. Jones
Chaplain (COL) USA Retired
Director/Endorser Chaplain Ministries