April 14, 2014
Numbers 9:23 “At the command of the Lord they remained encamped, and at the command of the Lord they journeyed; they kept the charge of the Lord, at the command of the Lord by the hand of Moses.”
John 14:21 RSV – “He who has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me, and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
Interpretation: The children of Israel lived obediently by God’s orders as delivered by Moses. The result was blessings and benefits. The children of God today receive commandments by the Spirit through His word through His obedient servants. The result is blessings and benefits.
- Pray for God to speak through leaders and they will obey. “Hear now my words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, make myself known to him in a vision; I speak to him in a dream. Not so with My servant Moses; He is faithful in all my house. I speak with him face-to-face, even plainly …. Numbers 12:6-8
- Pray that leaders be faithful.
- Pray that the Lord delight in His leaders. “If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land, and give it to us, a land which flows with milk and honey.” Numbers 14:8
- Pray that the Lord will bring us into his inheritance.
- Pray for resources to grow, reproduce, and enjoy the land.
- Pray for complete obedience in order that the descendants be blessed. “But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed me fully, I will bring into the land where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it.
- Pray that we can “enter in “ to all the fullness the Lord has promised. “Because of your obedience, the Lord your God will keep His part of the contract which, in His tender love, He made with your fathers.” Deuteronomy 7:12 TLB
“When you obey me you are living in my love, just as I obey my Father and live in His love.” John 15:10 TLB
“This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you.” John 15:12