August 18, 2014
SCRIPTURE: 2 Corinthians 5:20 (New Living Translation)
“So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”
“Christ’s ambassadors” means we are personal representatives for Jesus Christ, compelling and sharing the gospel so a lost and dying world can be reconciled to God.
OTHER SCRIPTURES: (New Living Translation)
Acts 4:13 “The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John…”
Acts 4:29 “…great boldness in preaching your word.”
Acts 4:31 “After prayer…filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.”
Prayer + Holy Spirit + Bold Preaching = Harvest of Souls
1. PRAY for opportunities (open doors) to share one’s faith.
2. PRAY for divine appointments (God places) to represent Christ.
3. PRAY for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit (great boldness) for witnessing.
4. PRAY for discernment (spiritual direction) to know when to speak and share.
5. PRAY for harvest laborers (God’s army) to have a deep passion for the lost.
6. PRAY for sensitive (obedient) ears to hear the voice of God.
“He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the church”
7. PRAY for the end-time harvest (Jesus is Coming!) with many laborers enlisting in the work of the Kingdom.
Bill C. Terry
Director, Men’s Ministries