By Dr. A.D. Beacham, Jr., Presiding Officer
It was a joy to be present with the IPHC Korean-American pastors for their annual conference on June 6, 2018. Usually held in Los Angeles at the mother church, World Agape Mission Church, this year the conference was held at the newly completed New Hope Korean Church in Columbia, Maryland.
Since the early 2000s, I have had the joyful honor of working closely with Bishop John Kim and the leaders of the IPHC Korean-American Conference. I’ve preached at their youth camps at least three times and spoken at other events. Bishop Kim and I were together in Seoul, Korea a few years ago ministering to the IPHC Korea. Over these 15 years, I have built long lasting relationships with many of their young people who have matured into godly and effective leaders.
While most of the conference was in Korean, I spoke on the training day on the IPHC core value of All Generations, and on a presentation of Arise 2033 specifically focused on the USA and the presence of Korean American IPHC congregations and population centers.
It was an honor to have Bishop Abel Palomo (Mid-Atlantic Conference) present for the training and also for the ordination service.
The Korean American IPHC leadership is:
- Superintendent: Bishop John Kim
- Assistant Superintendent: Rev. Samuel Park
- Secretary/Stewardship: Rev. Samuel Lee
- Missions Director: Rev. Daniel Ahn
- Discipleship Ministry: Rev. Timothy Yoo
- Ordination Counsel (Director): Rev. Seki Suk
In the ordination service, the following received IPHC credentials:
- Ordination: Rev. Janice Jin Song
- License: Rev. Yechan Namkoong, Rev. Markeum Namkoong