I had the distinct honor of serving as the presiding officer for the Rocky Mountain Annual Conference (RMC) session on June 8, 2019.
The Conference was hosted at Trinity Christian Fellowship in Northglenn, Colorado (near Denver). Trinity Christian Fellowship is pastored by Rev. Brian and Carol Burgess. Brian Burgess was converted under my father’s ministry in South Africa in 1957.
Bishop Herrera’s State of the Conference Report included the following updates:
- Active Ordained Ministers – 38/48
- Active Licensed Ministers – 4/6
- Active Licensed Ministers of Music – 2
- 18 Member Churches. Seventeen of the 18 member churches tithed or gave a partial tithe.
- 3 Affiliate Churches. Two of the three affiliate churches tithe.
- 30 of their 48 ministers gave a full or partial tithe.
- Total Church Membership of 1,200 members
In continuing his State of the Conference Report, Bishop Herrera stated:
“Our vision is to take back our communities. The Nehemiah Principle:
- The wall of Jerusalem is also broken down, and its gates are burned with fire. (Chapter 1)
- He had to see for himself – his eyes were opened to the devastation (Chapter 2)
- Rebuilding the wall (Chapter 3)
- Defending against the enemies (Chapter 4)
It has taken a while but I believe I have an excellent pastoral staff and ministry leadership team. We have decided to take notice of the broken down walls in our cities and take on the daunting task of rebuilding them.
Lastly – we will fight together against the enemy!”
Written/printed ministry reports were provided by Jerimie Olvera, conference evangelism director; Tyler Clark, conference missions director; and a detailed Conference Financial Report by Mrs. Burgess, conference treasurer.
Clergy credentials were issued as follows:
- Michelle Roberts
- David Sanchez
- Miquel Alvarez
- Linton Moore
- Tim Aragon
Minister’s License (2)
- Alex Luna
- Betty Giles
Local Church Minister’s License (17)
- Alejandro F. Del Rio
- Sonya Williams-Greer
- William Strong
- Crystal Rodriguez-Lobato
- Carlos Morales
- Isela Morales
- Gerald Abraham
- Andres Navarro
- Joe Jimenez
- Amanda Abraham
- Crystian Aguilar
- Juan Gonzalez
- Stephanie Roche
- Maria Fernanda Rosas
- Juan Hernandez Alonso
- Miquel Diaz
- Nitzatzi Rosas Ochoa
It was an honor as the presiding officer to recognize the following conference attendees:
- Paul Clark, former conference superintendent, GBA, and COB member. Mrs. Verna Clark was not present. Please continue to keep Verna in your prayers.
- Jerimie Olvera, member of the General EVUSA Council
- Joe Sanchez, member of the General Men’s Ministries Board
- Brian and Carol Burgess, former IPHC missionaries to South Africa and Zambia
- Tyler and Laura Clark, former IPHC missionaries to Japan
- Dawn Lubin, former IPHC missionary to South Africa and the Ivory Coast
May the Lord give Larry and June Herrera the desires of their heart as they develop strategies to take back their communities. Always an honor to serve this part of our faith family.