Each year the IPHC holds a day of unified prayer and intercession to intentionally lift up the denomination and its actions before the Lord, and to place Him first. We invite our global church family to participate in this special day of prayer January 8, 2020. We believe that the power of prevailing prayer is not limited by national or ethnic borders.
During this time of prayer, we will focus on three prayer points:
- The Arise 2033 vision laid out by Presiding Bishop Beacham in 2017 sets goals for the IPHC to reach 75 percent of the counties in the United States. The vision includes planting 200 new traditional congregations among immigrant populations and establishing house churches in major U.S. cities. Also, we are believing God for an IPHC presence in 150 nations of the world, as well as 5,000 new congregations outside the United States.
- For more people to respond to the call of ministry. We pray for pastors that will plant new churches, and believers that will reach more people with the gospel.
- For pastors, bishops, and church leaders to have wisdom to know where to plant churches in the United States and around the world.
- For a release of the supernatural power of God. We must not only work in the natural to see this vision come to pass, but we also work in the spirit realm through individual and corporate prayer.
- The IPHC’s 2020 core value is “We Prayerfully Value Generosity.” Generosity does not simply cover the realm of finances but also covers every aspect of life.
- That we will be generous with our time, and give grace to the undeserving, love to the broken, and wisdom to the questioning. May we be generous in our friendships, families, prayers for the lost, and worship to God.
- That God would provide for our denominational colleges both financially and with the appropriate faculty and staff members. We pray for strength, wisdom, and provision for those who are serving our schools. We also believe that God will bring the right students and raise up leaders to impact future generations for Christ.
- Awakening America Alliance has provided the Twenty Indicators of Awakening resource to help pinpoint 20 areas of prayer that are influential in bringing revival in people’s lives and our nation. One of the 20 prayer indicators is Radical Generosity which states, “Commitment to radical generosity as evidenced by compassion ministries and global missions.”
- For the Awakening, a branch of our World Missions department led by Max and Jessica Barroso. Pray that God would continue to use this ministry to raise up men and women called to world missions to impact cultures and nations for generations.
- For The Awakening bases and staff members located in Oklahoma City, Emmanuel College, Hungary, and Chile. We believe that doors will be opened, lives changed, and spiritual leaders birthed. One of the 20 prayer indicators that can be applied to praying for The Awakening is Bold Witness which states, “Christians involved in bold witness accompanied by miracles, dramatic conversions, and Holy Spirit empowered victories over evil.”
- We finally pray over the current conflicts taking place in Hong Kong, Chile, Israel, and the United States. We believe that the Prince of Peace will be at work in these countries and will bring order and healing during turmoil. One of the 20 prayer indicators that can be applied to these countries is Leader Integrity which states, “A restoration of morality, ethical foundations, and accountability among leaders of church and government, business, and politics.” Through the goodness of God and the power of prevailing prayer, we believe we will see God accomplish what seems impossible to man.
For more information about the Awakening America prayer indicators, please visit their website.