REACH 3 has been jointly produced by EVUSA and Men’s Ministries, as an evangelism tool to equip our men to reach men who don’t know Jesus. The Plant 3/Reach 3 packet was mailed to all pastors. Reach3/Plant3 has been selected to be a denominational emphasis for the decade. These materials are available in English and Spanish.
|Reach3 Wallet Cards||Download||Download|
The purpose of this fact sheet is to:
- Provide you with an overview of the who, what and why of this program
- To encourage all churches to take the challenge of REACH 3.
- Pray that we will see thousands of our men motivated, trained and involved in reaching 3 other men who don’t know Jesus.
George Barna and others who keep statistics on these matters have some important advice and opportunities for us.
- A majority of the individuals who made first time decisions for Christ were no longer connected to a Christian church within eight weeks of their decision. Primarily, because churches have separated evangelism from discipleship.
- Although more than four out of five of the churches surveyed claim evangelism is a primary reason for their existence..
In the last 18 years there has been no statistically significant increase in the number of adults saved, and … those churches have spent $500 billion on domestic ministry during that time. We’re told there are 197 million men and women who don’t know Jesus in the United States.
As for men ..
- There are some 108,000,000 men 15 years ago and older in America and
- 42,000,000 of these men profess faith in Christ.
- Only 6,000,000 are involved in ongoing discipleship or spiritual formation.
- Only 1 out of every 18 men understand how to live a Christian life. The rest have not been discipled about how to be a godly men, husband and fathers.
So why REACH 3? … Because of what we have just seen.
How did it start?
A group of national Men’s Ministries leaders were looking for a strategy to reach men. One simple enough to make men say, "I can do that!" But BIG enough for them to ask, "How can I be part of that!"
They felt ..
- It needed to be a vision and strategy.
- To reflect God’s calling.
- Require little management.
- Be inexpensive to implement
- Adopted by large numbers of Christian men.
The group in Orlando field-tested it ..
- Is it doable?
- Can and will men think of 3 men and commit to them?
Pat shared two examples of men on his card:
Joe – he tried over and over to get an appointment to go to lunch with Joe .. no success. One day Joe stopped by to discuss a mutual interest – rowing sculls – lunch was agreed on, but Joe showed up earlier and said "I can’t make lunch, Pat, but … could you pray for my dad? He is now in the hospital and in critical condition." … That’s a break through!!
Bill – Pat did have lunch with Bill. It seemed pretty friendless. As they were getting ready to leave, Pat asked Bill if there was anything he’d like him to pray about? Bill said no .. and as he turned to leave, he hesitated and turned back around to Pat. "Pat," he said, "do you think we could have lunch together again sometime?" and as he spoke, Pat noticed, behind the sunglasses Bill wore, there were tears … A break through!!
REACH 3 Cards
- Recall – all the instructions are on the card.
- The time is short.
- Men need to be involved.
- REACH 3!
The Reach 3 material located in the Resource Information Manual and the RIM CD will provide detailed instruction on this ministry.
Note: If you need a Reach3 Presenter's Kit, call (405) 787-7110 ext: 3224 for details.